DC at Night

DC at Night

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hello Dalai

While I was in my old home in South Jersey helping celebrate my grandniece's 1st birthday (see post directly below) a man revered as a spiritual leader by millions was speaking outside The Capitol Building as part of his extended Washington stay.

In his only free public appearance as part of the Kalachakra for World Peace in DC, His Holiness the 14th Dali Lama of Tibet addressed a crowd of thousands concerning individual inner peace and its connection with the ability to create outer peace in world fraught with division, disunity, hatred, and violence.

Now while I am sure he was not troubled by my absence, I would like the Dali Lama to know that if it hadn't been for the importance of Kylie's special day, I would have been one of those thousands seated on the Capitol lawn to hear his words of wisdom. Now, thanks to the man-made miracle of YouTube, I still have the ability to see and listen to the day's talk.  And whether you agree with his thoughts or not, I think you must agree that taking about 80 minutes to ponder peace is a worthwhile endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts