DC at Night

DC at Night

Friday, November 7, 2014

Goodbye to The Prices Do DC

All things must come to an end.

Today is the last post I am planning to write for The Prices Do DC. I will also be ending our 3 other DC companion blogs - Counter Culture in the Capital, DC Book Looks, and DC Screen Scene.

I began The Prices Do DC when my wife Judy and I retired and moved to Crystal City 3-and-a-half years ago. I started it as a way to record all the interesting things we were doing in Washington. And we were doing, and will continue to do, a lot. Over the years, the blog evolved into the form you see here, but the essence was still always our DC activities.

At the same time, I began an educational consulting career. here in DC. Now, I plan to devote more time to that endeavor and so I am halting my DC blogging.

Over its history, The Prices Do DC obtained 126,527 page views. I thank each and every person who took the time to check out our page. I hope you enjoyed what you read as much as Judy and I did publishing it for you.

Although this is the end of The Prices Do DC, it isn't the end of my blogging. Our DC doings will now be chronicled in the new blog Been There, Done That DC. I will continue to write my blog There's Always a Price to Pay. I will continue curating my blogs The Merry Muckrakers Rag and Rock of Agers. In the near future, I will also be adding a blog about teaching and education. I hope you will join us at those sites on a regular basis. Writers always need readers.

When I was little, I used to watch The Roy Rogers and Dale Evans show. They had a great singing sign-off: Happy trails to you, until we meet again. I think that's appropriate here. So, until we meet again (or even for the 1st time), happy trails (and good reading) to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts