The writing staff of The Prices Do DC is on holiday break. For the next few days, we will be running posts from other sources about interesting subjects geared to both residents and visitors. Original posts will resume after our break.
- ► 2014 (247)
- High Tea Time in DC
- Thriving Restaurant Scene Faces Worker Shortage
- Glory Days @The National Gallery
- Need to Know More About JFK, Turn to the Newseum
- Saturday Supplement: Holiday Happenings
- Friday Flashback: A Look Back at JFK
- Friday Flashback: TV Detective Tackles JFK Mystery...
- Tuesday's Take: 11 Local Shops DC Loves
- High Art Takes Flight @Air and Space
- Friday Flashback: Touring DC in the Steps of JFK
- Snowden, Security and Spying @the Newseum
- Tuesday's Take - Oliver Stone Talks JFK, Conspirac...
- Friday Flashback - From DC to Russia with Love
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2012 (254)
When Kwame Alexander started Virginia Tech University majoring in bio-tech, he was all set to become a doctor. But 2 developments in his s...
It began in the 1940s in the Spanish town of Brunol, where a band of young men engaged in a brawl grabbed tomatoes from a vegetable stand ...
This painting captures some of the the horror of WWI For Lowell Fry, the society-shattering and world-altering impacts of World War I a...
Welcome 2013. The beginning of a new year is always a great time for reflecting on the year that just concluded. So here we present some ...
Suppose it is a beautiful Spring (Summer, early Fall) day in D.C. For lunch, you want to dine al fresco (sidewalk seating, patio and r...
Claude Nadir - DC educator We often think we know people, but many times we don't know them as well as we think we do. Case in point...
With Nam June Paik's massive Electronic Highway: Continental United States and Alaska and Hawaii installment piece flashing and blink...
Fake fictional heroes ... .. are no match for the real thing. From left, Weber, Wynberg, Mayer. In 2009, film director Quentin Tara...
Beach Boy Brian Wilson on piano with guitar virtuoso Jeff Beck (in white with white guitar) In the history of rock, there have been so...
Conflicts are part of human life. Some are relatively common, affecting most of us. But what if a conflict is more specific to exactly who...