|The Ruby Slippers are in display in the Museum of American Histroy|
Sunday, June 29, 2014
Trace the Earliest Steps on the Yellow Brick Road
DC's Smithsonian museums (there are 17 of them here in the city) are among America's most treasured and visited places. But the Smithsonian also publishes a series of some of the most interesting, fact-filled blogs appearing anywhere on the internet. Each Sunday, The Prices Do DC re-posts an entry about the Smithsonian, many of which appeared in 1 of the institution's blogs. Hope you enjoy and maybe we'll see you soon at the Smithsonian.
- A New Video Vision @Women's Museum in the Arts
- Trace the Earliest Steps on the Yellow Brick Road
- 22 Things You Have to Explain to Out-of-Towners Ab...
- Oh What A (60s) Night
- Futbol and Food: What So Proudly We Hail
- Smithsonian Folklife Festival Underway
- Side Show: Grandeur from the Grotesque
- A Look at Ethnic Media @The Newseum
- Will Robots Someday Win Soccer's World Cup?
- Gay-Hating Holy Rollers Descend on DC
- Freedom Summer 1964 and Its Impacts Today
- March for Marriage: One Love, One LIfe, One Man, O...
- Welcome to Counter Culture in the Capital
- See Hillary Sign. See Hillary Run?
- Ralph Fasanella @The American Art Museum
- Oh, Say Do You See What They See?
- Shark Girl Dives Deep to Show Her Love For Sharks
- CNN News Anchor Looks Back at Tiananmen Square
- Brazil's Dance with the Devil: Love of Soccer Batt...
- Documentarian Ken Burns Talks the Roosevelts - Ted...
- Soul of Our Nation Is at Stake, Says Sen. Cory Boo...
- Masks and More @National Museum of African Art
- Oh Say Can You See These Facts About the Star-Span...
- For Summer in Washington, Don't Put Your Best Flip...
- Gay Pride: Out Is In
- If the Idea of Chewing on Insects Doesn't Bug You,...
- Summer Film Series Takes Flight in Crystal City
- Portraiture in the Time of TV's Mad Men
- Smithsonian National History Museum Turns 50
- ▼ June (29)
- ► 2013 (241)
- ► 2012 (254)
When Kwame Alexander started Virginia Tech University majoring in bio-tech, he was all set to become a doctor. But 2 developments in his s...
It began in the 1940s in the Spanish town of Brunol, where a band of young men engaged in a brawl grabbed tomatoes from a vegetable stand ...
This painting captures some of the the horror of WWI For Lowell Fry, the society-shattering and world-altering impacts of World War I a...
Welcome 2013. The beginning of a new year is always a great time for reflecting on the year that just concluded. So here we present some ...
Suppose it is a beautiful Spring (Summer, early Fall) day in D.C. For lunch, you want to dine al fresco (sidewalk seating, patio and r...
Claude Nadir - DC educator We often think we know people, but many times we don't know them as well as we think we do. Case in point...
With Nam June Paik's massive Electronic Highway: Continental United States and Alaska and Hawaii installment piece flashing and blink...
Fake fictional heroes ... .. are no match for the real thing. From left, Weber, Wynberg, Mayer. In 2009, film director Quentin Tara...
Beach Boy Brian Wilson on piano with guitar virtuoso Jeff Beck (in white with white guitar) In the history of rock, there have been so...
Conflicts are part of human life. Some are relatively common, affecting most of us. But what if a conflict is more specific to exactly who...