DC's Smithsonian museums (there are 17 of them here in the city) are among America's most treasured and visited places. But the Smithsonian also publishes a series of some of the most interesting, fact-filled blogs appearing anywhere on the internet. Each Sunday, The Prices Do DC re-posts an entry that initially appeared in one of those highly-readable blogs. Hope you enjoy and maybe we'll see you soon at the Smithsonian.
- A Gathering for Science Geeks, Math Nerds, and Rea...
- It's The End of the World ... Again ... and Again ...
- Damage Control: How Artists Destroy to Create Art
- Are Trout and Harper the Next Mantle and Mays?
- Courting the Good Life
- Superheroes, Success. Kids, and Comic Books
- Earth Day 2014 in DC's Union Station
- It's Back to Boston: Nothing Can Stop Us, Not Even...
- A Peak at The Washington Post Peep Show 2014
- Joan Osborne in DC
- Comic Books as Art
- We Can't Know What We Don't Know
- Dangos and Tanukis Take Over the Kennedy Center
- A New, Improved, and Expanded The Prices Do DC
- New Education Lab Called Q?rious Now At Museum of ...
- Washington Monument Scheduled to Reopen Next Month...
- Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band
- An Orchid Symphony
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow
- Happy Birthday, Bill Shakespeare
- Pillow Power, It's One Boppin' Worldwide Fight
- Face to Face with March Madness
- Did Washington Cut Down the Cherry Blossoms?
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game with All That Jazz
- Say No to Land Mines, Says Most Interesting Man in...
- Happy 75th, Marvin Gaye
- ▼ April (26)
- ► 2013 (241)
- ► 2012 (254)
When Kwame Alexander started Virginia Tech University majoring in bio-tech, he was all set to become a doctor. But 2 developments in his s...
It began in the 1940s in the Spanish town of Brunol, where a band of young men engaged in a brawl grabbed tomatoes from a vegetable stand ...
This painting captures some of the the horror of WWI For Lowell Fry, the society-shattering and world-altering impacts of World War I a...
Welcome 2013. The beginning of a new year is always a great time for reflecting on the year that just concluded. So here we present some ...
Suppose it is a beautiful Spring (Summer, early Fall) day in D.C. For lunch, you want to dine al fresco (sidewalk seating, patio and r...
Claude Nadir - DC educator We often think we know people, but many times we don't know them as well as we think we do. Case in point...
With Nam June Paik's massive Electronic Highway: Continental United States and Alaska and Hawaii installment piece flashing and blink...
Fake fictional heroes ... .. are no match for the real thing. From left, Weber, Wynberg, Mayer. In 2009, film director Quentin Tara...
Beach Boy Brian Wilson on piano with guitar virtuoso Jeff Beck (in white with white guitar) In the history of rock, there have been so...
Conflicts are part of human life. Some are relatively common, affecting most of us. But what if a conflict is more specific to exactly who...